Finding yourself wandering around McKinney Ave in Dallas? Look no farther than this shop with a warm atmosphere that makes you feel as if you were in the suburbs, rather than Uptown Dallas (that’s a compliment in my book).
Here’s what you need to know about the Sip Stir Coffee House:
- Appearance? Upon walking up to the shop, I was pleasantly surprised by the size. It is a large space, which is super nice so you do not have to worry about fighting for a seat. The inside of the shop is warm and comfy with great use of wood and the lovely green accent wall with the logo. Right when you walk in, you can’t help but notice the neat counter and bar space which is an island in the middle of the coffee shop. It is a unique design that adds a special flair.
- Do I come here to chill, study, or socialize? There is a ton of room in this shop, so there is plenty of room to bring friends to socialize or chill. There are booths, separate tables, and even a bar that backs up to the floor to ceiling windows that are perfect for having your own little study place. My friend, Chandler, and I were attending a Polished ministry event in Dallas and stopped at Sip Stir Coffee House to chat and grab a latte. We were pleasantly surprised to find a comfy and cute green sofa in the back to sit, sip our awesome drinks, and talk about life! While there were plenty of people socializes, there were just as many with headphones in working on stuff!
- Coffee? They use coffee from White Rock Coffee Roasters and graf kofe, which are both local roasters. Although I did not try their house coffee, we did get to try some of their creative lattes that you definitely can not find many places. I got the iced vanilla lavender latte and it was extraordinary! That’s a flavor combination that can go really well or not so much… In this case, it worked out beautifully! Chandler got the butterbeer latte. She was a fan, but said it was definitely on the sweeter side. If you aren’t a fan of sugary dessert drinks, this probably isn’t the one for you! On the other hand, if you are feeling like you need a little sugar kick to get you through the day, this might be just what you need.
- Can you purchase the awesome White Rock and graf kofe beans there? Yes, you can purchase both!
- Drive thru? No. But there is a free parking garage right next to it that allows you to park for up to 2 hours for free!
- Food options? They have delicious looking baked good options and their toast looks incredible!!!
- What stuck out to you about this shop? As you might have guessed by now, I am a suburb girl through and through. I liked visited big cities, sure, but put the emphasis on visit. Going to Uptown is fun, but I can sometimes feel out of my element (just to be honest). This coffee shop, though, doesn’t make you feel that way what-so-ever! It truly feels like a home that you can relax in, enjoy, and be yourself. That is oh so important!
- Fun Fact! They have a second location in Highland Village! They also have many tea options for your favorite tea loving family member or friend.
Hours: M-F: 6:30AM-7:00PM, Weekend: 7:00AM-8:00PM